Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Realty Sales Professional, Kevin Dickenson Shares Insight with Florida Realtor Magazine on How to Market and Communicate with Chinese Buyers
- USE WECHAT – Because of the strict rules in China. WeChat is one of the only ways you can communicate and share information with buyers in China,” he says. When a buyer communicates with Dickenson via the app, his wife helps translates. “We generally refer them to Juwai.com, the main property listing portal for Chinese buyers. Traditional sites like realtor.com and Zillow.com are not visible to Chinese buyers.”
- PUT LISTINGS ON JUWAI.COM – While most of Dickenson’s contacts come to him through referrals from family and friends, he does list all of his properties, both residential and commercial, on Juwai.com. “The residential listings auto-feed from our MLS to Juwai.com and are translated, “he says.
- BUILD RELATIONSHIPS – He also recommends attending Juwai’s real estate conferences to meet people. “I bring my wife and we meet people face-to-face, forming relationships,” he says.
- USE WEBSITES – Dickenson has 14 websites that can be translated to Chinese with the click of a button. “I’ve created websites for specific condos as well as for the EB-5 visa program.
- BUILD TRUST – Finally, says Dickenson, it’s vital to spend time in China to meet people and build trust. He and his wife travel to Shanghai a few times a year to visit family and make connections. “Closing just one successful transaction with a Chinese buyer will result in several transactions with that buyer’s family members and friends,” he says. A little trust goes a long way.